Celebrate Easter with the Jelly Bean Prayer! Simply grab a jar, jelly beans, ribbon and the FREE printable to make this great handmade holiday gift idea for kids!
I fondly remember the Jelly Bean Prayer from when I was a little girl, which is why I wanted to share it with my own children! This is such a fun and easy way to celebrate Easter and share the Good News of Jesus Christ’s Resurrection! I love when I am able to reinforce Biblical concepts with fun (and yummy) Bible activities!
Speaking of yummy, be sure to check out my Easter Resurrection Cookies! They are another great activity to reinforce the Resurrection in a hands-on, interactive, engaging manner!
The Jelly Bean Prayer
How to make the Jelly Bean Prayer Jars
Making the jelly bean jars are super easy! First, you need a few supplies.
Jelly Bean Prayer Jar Instructions:
1. Download the printable Jelly Bean Prayer cards (download instructions below) and print onto cardstock.
2. Cut the cards apart and hole punch the top, left corner of the card.
3. Fill the jar with jelly beans.
4. Put the lid on the jar and attach the card to the jar using the ribbon OR,
5. If you don’t have a lid, use the fabric square to cover the mouth of the jar and attach the card using the ribbon.
That’s it! Super easy!
This makes a great little gift for your little ones to share on Easter. Plus, it is a great illustration of our risen Savior, Jesus Christ!
Looking for MORE Easter activities?
If you’re on the hunt for more activities to help teach your children about Easter, be sure to check out some of my other blog posts:
- Easter Resurrection Cookies (a yummy, interactive activity w/printable instructions)
- Easter Bunny Magnets (craft w/directions)
- Homemade Easter Hat Tutorial (made from a paper bowl & plate)
This post was originally published on March 11, 2010.